CBD oil is a supplement derived from the cannabis plant. It has been touted as a potential treatment for many health conditions, such as pain relief and anxiety relief. But what exactly is CBD oil? How can it help you? And what are its side effects?
May relieve pain
CBD oil may help relieve pain.
One of the major benefits of CBD is that it can reduce inflammation and pain, especially in those with conditions related to inflammation, such as arthritis or multiple sclerosis (MS). Studies have shown that people who use it for long periods experience less overall aches and discomfort than those who do not take cannabis-based products.*
Another way that CBD oil might help is by reducing your chances of getting cancer or seizures. While there isn’t enough research yet on this topic alone, some scientists speculate that cannabinoids may be able to prevent these types of problems by acting as anti-inflammatory agents in the brain.*
Could reduce symptoms related to some mental health disorders
- CBD oil could help with anxiety and depression.
- CBD oil could help with post-traumatic stress disorder.
- CBD oil could help with bipolar disorder.
- CBD oil could help with schizophrenia.
- CBD oil could help with ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder).
May alleviate certain cancer-related symptoms
Cannabidiol may be able to help alleviate some cancer-related symptoms. Some of these include pain, nausea, and vomiting; sleep issues; anxiety and depression.
Some people who use CBD oil claim that they have experienced increased energy levels while using it as a treatment for cancer-related symptoms. This is due to cannabidiol interacting with the endocannabinoid system (ECS), which regulates how our bodies feel emotionally and physically.
May have neuroprotective properties
Studies have shown that CBD oil may have neuroprotective properties. This means that it can help protect the brain from damage and reduce the risk of developing various neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease and multiple sclerosis.
- May benefit heart health
CBD oil may benefit your heart health. According to a study published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation, CBD was able to reduce inflammation and blood pressure in rats with hypertension.
In another study, researchers found that mice given CBD had lower cholesterol levels than those who weren’t.
another potential benefit
There are other possible benefits to CBD oil, including:
- Treating pain and inflammation. In some studies, researchers have found that CBD can reduce anxiety and inflammation in rats with arthritis. It also may be useful for treating neuropathic pain (pain caused by nerve damage).
- Treating mood disorders such as depression or bipolar disorder. A 2017 study found that people who took high doses of CBD every day had a lower risk of developing depression over time than those who didn’t take it regularly.
- However, there’s no evidence yet to suggest you should use this topical treatment on your face or body rather than taking it orally; doing so could lead to side effects like nausea and vomiting if you’re taking too much at once (or if you have kidney issues). If this sounds like something worth investigating further for yourself — especially if you know someone else who would benefit from using it too — then keep reading!
We’ve covered a lot of ground here, but the bottom line is that CBD oil can be a safe and effective treatment option for many people. While it may not work as well as traditional medications in every case, it’s important to keep in mind that there are also some potential side effects and risks associated with using CBD oil—so you should always speak with your doctor before trying it out!